Harbour Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» hello
Christmas EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
Christmas EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
Christmas EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
Christmas EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
Christmas EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» hello
Christmas EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
Christmas EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
Christmas EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
Christmas EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
Christmas EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
Christmas EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Gallery

Christmas Empty
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Christmas

3 posters

Go down

Christmas Empty Christmas

Post  Lucy Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:38 pm

santa Just in case I do not catch anyone when on the site I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year. santa
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://lucdon.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Christmas Empty Re: Christmas

Post  Jim Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:39 am

same to you lucy and everybody else that uses the site.I supose i will have to
include Raymond All the best mate. jocolor
Jim
Jim
Admin

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:48 am

hi VIP hope you are okay just that you have been quiet for a while now.I know the site hasnt been a very busy place lately but every body more than likely getting ready for santa,Ray still thinks he is real you know so do i . Wink
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VIP2006 Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Jim. No I have'nt kicked the bucket yet!!! I have been busy organising my photo collection ( I promised myself that it would be done this winter) It cold and damp, and my wife ordered a kitchen makeover ( new doors, benches and a built in fridge and dishwasher.) It did'nt stop there she then wanted rugs for the lounge and conservatory. any how its miraculous that the house was like a tip yesterday, but she has finished the spring cleaning just in time for Xmas. She wants to get into my Den to give it a good hoover out, Ive put my foot down but these days I cannot win an argument.
I treat myself to a new camera. it halve the size of my big one but has twice the pixels and to date takes good photos.

JIM - have a good merry xmas, and a healthy and happy 2009.
Lucy - You too have a good xmas and a prosperous and healthy 2009

and finally a happy and healthy xmas to Ray and all Members of this forum, and may all of your jokes make me giggle with joy

Merry Xmas and a healthy New Year
VIP2006
VIP2006
Admin

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 am

sounds like you have been realy busy rather you than me.
VIP all the best for christmas and new year.good luck with your new camera you will have to put a couple in gallery.I think that its due for another clean out that is if everybody is okay about it anyway its up to raymond.Theres another williams gone ray Doris (nee milburn)age 67 wife of late Terry,mother of 5. Any relation
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:24 am

Ray where have you got to are you okay,you have been quiet for a long time.
I saw your snowy the other day he is back at work up eastlea and westlea area.He still has a tash and long hair.I didnt get a chance to speak to him because i was going to ask if he had sent your christmas card yet.If not why?
santa
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Well thats another christmas almost over,so i hope you all had a good day i did with my grandchildren its great to see them rip open thier presents,the youngest only been a few months couldnt but she loved the wrapping paper,why is it kids play with the paper or the box more than the item that you bought.Anyway a merry christmas to everybody and ray where are you.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VIP2006 Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:42 am

Hi Jim - It must be great to be blessed with grandchildren, and to watch them open their pressies on xmas morning. Not being blessed with any, somewhat blights this time of the year, although I don't humbug Xmas and all of its trappings.

I can remember clearly my Xmas days when my brother,sister and I used to make on we were asleep, awaiting mam and dad (Santy) putting out the pressies, and as soon as they went to bed, we were up and had a look at what( he ) had brought us, we went back to bed, and from 5 am we were shouting in to mam "has he been yet" and can we get up to see if any pressies had been left.
Roll on those days.
Our turkey was a cock chicken etc. etc. etc.

I hope that you had a good time, and that you spoiled the bairn rotten. after all they seem to grow up very quick these days.

Hears to you and yours and all peoples who visit here a healthy 2009
VIP2006
VIP2006
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:26 am

Yes VIP it was great looking at the little one getting all exited just by looking at the wrapping paper and the older one who is 4 ripping the paper off.
I remember when we were little and like you sneaking down stairs to see what santa had left usually it was a toy,games a book either the Dandy or beano or another well known book pluss fruit apple,orange and nuts not that many children seem to get them now.There was 9 children in our family so we had plenty to read i cant remember if we had turkey or not but we always had xmas pud and sauce.Its like the new year when everybody stod out side with a lump of coal and as soon as 12 struck in they went put the coal on the fire and had a drink no body was alowed to leave untill the first foot had been.Now every body has gas or electricity so the magic has gone.
I had mates used to take roundies home from the pit especialy for new year.I also remember going around asking people if they wanted the snow cleared away from thier yards or paths.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VIP2006 Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:49 am

Hi Jim I can well remember most things about my childhood, except that I sometimes need my memory jogging by someone like yourself. I can well remember "first footing" particularly with my girl friend(now my wife) when we used to go to the dance at the rink or the seaburn hall or weatheralls , and get the last bus back to the harbour, saw the new year in and then went visiting friends and neighbours as far away as parkside, walking all the way from West lea and back. my wife thought we were loony.
Later on, New Year Eve was spent at my sisters at the Waterworks and later at murton. We stopped at my mothers at deneside so we had to walk up to murton via the times inn, all the men went to the murton officials club, and the after closing time we went back to my sisters to see the new year in, then walked back to deneside to sleep it off. it was sometimes as late as 6 am before we got to bed. Nowadays we are in bed before midnight on new years eve. and my first foot is usually myself, and I am such an unlucky b***er that I try and wait for my son coming over in the morning. This will not work this year as he flies out to Tenerife on tuesday morning for a week.

Off to bed now, talk again later.

Fred rabbit
VIP2006
VIP2006
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:42 am

Yes i also can remember walking miles when first footing we would go up to parkside along the blackpath at the top of the park that brought you out at daphne cres and then on to fern cres and heathway to my friends or aunties,from there it was up deneside,seaton and the harbour by then you were to kn-----d to go any further so we would crash out at one of the houses.I have woke up in some strange places after a few.I also dont bother nowadays because its not the same then every body used to wish you a happy new year now you have to be carefull of who you talk to.
Years ago when people got drunk they used to sing thier heads off now they try and cut each others heads off.I bet you had the street singer like we had they were the ones who got up in the pubs they allways made thier own words up to songs but they were harmless.I remember one he would always sing all shuck up by elvis but to his own words.There were some strange characters then but as i said harmless.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum