Harbour Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» hello
raymond EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
raymond EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
raymond EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
raymond EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
raymond EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
raymond EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
raymond EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
raymond EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
raymond EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» hello
raymond EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
raymond EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
raymond EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
raymond EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
raymond EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
raymond EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
raymond EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
raymond EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
raymond EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Gallery

raymond Empty
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

raymond

3 posters

Go down

raymond Empty raymond

Post  Jim Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:02 am

I think all those left using the site would like to know what has happend and why there hasnt been anybody on for ages,well i have been in contact with Rays wife and she said he hasnt been well for some time thats why nobody has seen any word from him.There hasnt been any pictures posted because the gallery needs cleaning up abit.I am going to try and get either Ray or his wife to let us know if he intends to keep site open.I will let you know what happens and how he is.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

raymond Empty Raymond

Post  VIP2006 Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi Jim

How are you? I appreciate your concern about Ray and his health. and I have not been active (looked in occasionaly) due to problems at home.

I wonder why Ray doesnt appoint some of the members to be moderators, with the ability to drive the site forward?

if you have a direct contact with Ray, can you put this to him, as I amongst others would assist if required..

Regards
Fred
VIP2006
VIP2006
Admin

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

raymond Empty Re: raymond

Post  Jim Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 am

Hi vip i have been in contact with Ray and he has cleaned the gallery up but at the moment is in wheelchair and has a lot going on at the moment but like us wants site to stay open.i will put you request to him but its mostley his wife that replys for him but he does try and get to computer.
I am okay how are you as you have seen there hasnt been a lot of activity on site at moment but hope we can change that.Will get back to you and let you know whats going on.I have had a message from Ray saying that his life expect`ency is about 48% over next 5 years he did say why but no name for it yet still waiting for test results.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi everybody just to let you know that i have word from my mate Ray and he is feeling a lot better and can walk a little now(great news).He didnt want to tell
you himself how ill he has been because he felt it would make him feel a bit self
centred and he didnt know that i have aready tried to explain what is going on.
anyway he sends his best to every body and hopes to be back soon.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VIP2006 Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:41 am

Hi Jim Nice to hear that Ray is improving, and that he is back on his feet. At our age every day is now a bonus, particularly when the illness you have prevents you from having at least some quality time.

I was told that at this time, that the risks having surgery for a single bypass were greater than the benefits that usually come from a bypass. due to other factors making them decide not to operate as long as I was comfortable with the medication I am taking at present.

My wife Sheila, has however had a "bit" of a relapse and was in the hospital for a week for tests which show iregularities in the mitral valve region. They have slowed her down with pills, and this has upset her a lot.

It is our 50th wedding anniversary on the 14th. and we were due to fly tomorrow to Tenerife for a week to celebrate the event.
However she does not want to go, and therefore my son and his wife will be going on their own, with our blessing as he was paying for the holiday.

We have both decided that our days going abroad are over, and we feel that there is no place like home in times of illness etc,

I hope that Ray gets up and about soon and get this site of the bottom.

Regards

Fred
VIP2006
VIP2006
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 am

you are write vip none of us are getting any younger, i did have a phone call off ray on saturday and he said he had to go for more tests on monday. They did tell him what was wrong buthe said he couldnt pronounce it but he sounded in good spirits.He was even talking about comming up to seaham and sunderland in near future.Sorry to here about your holiday but better safe than sorry pluss if your wife isnt up to it you done right thing.Iwas saying to ray where has all the years gone they have flown it dont seem that long ago that me and him were going up parkside and rock house.We used to meet in toilets next to cemetery at the bottom of parkside now a few of the gang are in there. pale
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VIP2006 Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:57 am

Hi Jim
Thanks for keeping me informed about ray, and may he get back to the computer as soon as possible.

As you probably are aware I tour quite a lot with my caravan, although the time away since 2007 has been a lot less due to medical problems.
I have taken the van down to a site afew miles from York City. and we will be visiting (health permitting) quite a lot between April and October.

I find that we have spent most of our holidays in the Yorkshire and over the years have grown to love the area, although I would not now move away from Sunderland.
Having been born and bred in Seaham, come from a mining background and having served my time at the tempest where I learned comradeship with your workmates, due to having to depend on others when underground etc.
I have carried those principles with me and used common sense in all of my career moves, and I pride myself in never having to sack people in all of my time working. Mind, I have seen many of the employees sack themselves due to being unable to see reason or having committed a dismissive offence.
I hope that your ailments are not stopping you from having a reasonable quality of life.
please keep in touch
Regards
Fred
VIP2006
VIP2006
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:18 am

I had a lot of relations worked at tempest my uncle tom and his 2 sons worked there as did my cousins husband donnie guy he was a overman his brother is david guy the union man,i my self did my underground training at houghton then went to nack on suplies before finishing at dawdon coll on the tractors.
As you said there was a lot of companionship in the mines and i also saw a couple get sacked for been stupid,which as you know underground you cant be one caused the death of a pit pony.
I remember every getting to bank and heading straight for thier hidden cigs before getting showered.I read that dave said they should restart minning because there is a lot of untaped coal but where would they get the miners from most have gone and the others are to old.I know when they closed the pits there was a lot of expensive machinery and stuff left any way at dawdon there was.
Well i hope you enjoy your trip and take care.
all the best jim
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VIP2006 Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi jim

my father worked at the nack most of his working life, and you may have known him Tommy Gordon, my brother michael also worked their. and he is about your age.

My thoughts about reopening mines in this area are as follows.

Why should this area be used to mine coal when most of england is sitting on coal seams.

If they do reopen or sink new pits let it be done say in the Cotswolds or Surrey or even better in the areas where the Fat Rats live. as they are the only ones who reap the profits fom mining coal, all we get is industrial eyesores and industrial diseases
I rest my case.
Take care
VIP2006
VIP2006
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:35 am

Sorry havent been about much due to family commitments good to hear that Ray is about again hope you all are ok will try get in more maybe about 8 pm each night to see if anyone about.
Lucy
Take care all stay safe be happy
Sleep
now as it is 1 35 am
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://lucdon.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:30 am

sorry vip cant say i know them i worked at low main with a bloke called cud we were on the endless dropping suplies down to face.The other side of the landing was training gallery.I did use the ponnies to pull tubs from shaft bottom when they cleaned sump.
I am sitting looking out of the window and the old sea cadets building is on fire and there are fire engines there. the smoke is pouring out,i dont know if you know vit vip but its opposite river wear club.They were thinking about doing it up and have already started work on it but it looks like that its been for nothing.
Hi lucy yep ray was on phone and seemed a little better he had to go to hospital last monday so havnt heard anything lately.Let you know if anything else happens.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum