Harbour Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» hello
Walk to School Push EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
Walk to School Push EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
Walk to School Push EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
Walk to School Push EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
Walk to School Push EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» hello
Walk to School Push EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
Walk to School Push EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
Walk to School Push EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
Walk to School Push EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
Walk to School Push EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
Walk to School Push EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Gallery

Walk to School Push Empty
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Walk to School Push

3 posters

Go down

Walk to School Push Empty Walk to School Push

Post  RayScollen Fri May 08, 2009 10:31 am

A government drive to cut school car journeys is to continue for another two years, it has been revealed.

The £7.5m yearly package for the Traveling to School project has been used to set up greener, more healthy ways to get kids to school.

Many schools across the country have already cut down the carbon emissions caused by car journeys by arranging new bus routes and group meeting points from which to start walking to school.

Parents and teachers normally take turns to watch over children who take part in the school travel plans which are set up using advisers from local authorities.

The government hopes that after another two years the project will have created a culture of alternative travel that will mean less pollution and more exercise for the next generation of school children.

The scheme is a joint venture between the Department for Transport and the Department for Children, Schools and Families.

Maybe my memory is failing me but I hardly if ever used any form of transport to get school and find it hard to believe £7.5 million has been spent to 'educate' people on the advantages of walking to school.
RayScollen
RayScollen
Admin

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-10-21

Back to top Go down

Walk to School Push Empty Re: Walk to School Push

Post  Jim Fri May 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Ray there would be no where to park the horse and carts when we went to school.I agree with you though if you walk passed any school now there are rows of cars waiting to pick up there children.What makes it worse they park anywhere and if you live near a school like my brother does you cant get near his house either at dinner time or when school comes out.
When we went to school you very rarely saw a car parked outside we had to walk either on our own or with friends both ways or if you went home for dinner even more.
Even as teenages we walked every where i mean you would walk miles for love as i know because i walked to richmond well just about but not because i wanted to see anybody but a mate of mine did and i lost 2 bob on the way in a hay stack.I wouldnt mind but we wernt there long and i dont know if he saw her again.I cant mention names but it wasnt the first time i ended up walking or babysitting with him and his girl friends at the time.Mind when we went away with the jazz bands once i nearly missed the bus and that was my fault and we did have to leave a certain place in sunderland rather quickly.No the wonder we were fit all the walking and running.
Mind i must admit i dont walk far now i drive but so do most people and thats why we are now so overwieght and unhealthy.We did have a lot going for us then we had youth clubs and there was more to do.Now kids stand on street corners and drink,smoke and some use drugs ect some thing we wouldnt dare do,we did meet up but not to drink or cause any trouble but we were disiplined at school and at home now its not allowed.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Fri May 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Yup we had to Walk in hail rain and snow and gale force winds we werent cissy's having to be taken to and from in cosy warm cars.
Lucy
Lucy

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://lucdon.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum