Harbour Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» hello
Lucy ??? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
Lucy ??? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
Lucy ??? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
Lucy ??? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
Lucy ??? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» hello
Lucy ??? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 am by RayScollen

» I played a Country and Western song backwards .....
Lucy ??? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am by RayScollen

» My Old Boyfriend
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm by RayScollen

» Back online (we hope)
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm by RayScollen

» I have returned to the fold
Lucy ??? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am by Jim

» vip
Lucy ??? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm by VIP2006

» Rock House
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am by RayScollen

» another one gone
Lucy ??? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm by Jim

» Gallery Notice
Lucy ??? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am by RayScollen

Gallery

Lucy ??? Empty
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lucy ???

2 posters

Go down

Lucy ??? Empty Lucy ???

Post  RayScollen Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Lucy ... sorry to hear about your hospial visit but I hope things are better for you now. the reason I have put this post in is ... do you have any piccies of the 1960's Jazz Bands in Seaham. I really would like to see some but can't find any on the 'net'. Jim would appredciate it too, as it was his major hobby in the early to mid 60's. We spent many an hour getting plastered in a nearby pub while the bands marched and played in a field.
RayScollen
RayScollen
Admin

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-10-21

Back to top Go down

Lucy ??? Empty Re: Lucy ???

Post  Jim Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:57 am

Yes Ray it would be nice to see any photos of parkside jazz bands pluss burnside highlanders remember them from boldon coll judith newrick was the drum major as i recall.We certainly learnt how to run there didnt we.
There was lots of jazz bands in seaham then like deneside grenaders,patriots,all stars,there were 2 up parkside and one from seaton cant remember the names off hand but will come back.I am suprised that i cant remember the parkside bands i knew one of 2 of the members as you know.
We got about then didnt we and nearly missed bus back a couple of times.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  RayScollen Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 am

There was a couple of times we shouldn't have been on the bus in the first place as I recall ... but your winning gob always got us a seat LOL
RayScollen
RayScollen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:05 pm

I think a knowing a couple of the young ladies in the jazz bands may just been of help,even old billy bates had to give in when they started.Not that we bothered any of the young girls so i cant take all the credit.
Do you remember that rather not so good looking and over weight lass that started a load of trouble for us then asked if one of us would go out with her (she had to be joking).Then them 2 that forced me to go to thier home and i nearly missed bus,thats what beer did to us.
The daft part i wasnt interested in the girls then all i wanted was a good day out.So how did we end up going to boldon/redhouse then.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RayScollen Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:46 pm

One of my most enduring memories of the Jazz Band Era was when you, Tony Davison and myself were on one such trip but we spent most of the time in the pub. After we had a few me and Tony got up and mimed to Sonny & Cher's 'I've Got You Babe'. Toney did the Cher part cos he was taller than me and I did Sonny. We got absolutely blathered that afternoon with all the free drinks we got. I was so bad that when we got back to the band site a group of youths started to pick on Tony for some reason and I grabbed one of them and threatened to rip his head off and spit ( I think I said spit) down his neck. For some reason it worked and they backed off, you were pissing yourself laughing obviously expecting me to get my usual smak LOL.

I do remember the race through the back streets of Bolden. At the time I had a little impetigo on my hands but they looked nasty. When the gang caught us I told them it highly contagious and if the didn'tback down I would toch them and they would catch it. It worked and they backed off but told us to get out of Bolden. I never did find out what you'd done to upset them LOL.

I don't remember the chubby bunny though. The only girl I remember 'going out' with was a red head from Fern Crescent. Lasted all of 3 weeks and I can't remember her name.
RayScollen
RayScollen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 am

I never did anything to upset them apart from going with judith who i didnt realy want to go with but we needed somewhere to crash.I cant remember been chased but i do remember having to leave by back door.
I know we did go back again though and judith trying again to start trouble but we ignored her and nothing happend.While you were doing the sony and cher thing i wasnt there i was in somebodys house thats when i nearly missed bus.If i was laughing when you were shouting that thug i was more than likely that i was expecting trouble and waiting for fire works to start you wouldnt of got a smack because tony and i wouldnt of just stod there and let it happen then we would all get a smack.But we would of gave as good back.
That was when the fat lass who started the trouble asked if i would go with her she had to be joking.
I remember you going with a girl called judith up either heathway or fern cres.Then it could of been sandras mate who if i remember was top heavy.
I dont know if you remember many people from york house but my dads mate has just past away he was jimmy crossby lucy might know him if you dont.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down